Yorkshire Children's Trust is a truly local charity, helping local children. It is a small, community charity, founded in March 2011 by two sets of parents that have children who have gone through the long and harsh treatment of cancer.
Relying heavily on voluntary donations, the charity was founded to help families who can fall through the 'funding gap' of traditional support channels and has successfully helped hundreds of children since it started. Best of all 100% of donations received will be used to support these families.
It is not just children with cancer the charity will offer support for. Any long term illness or disability, be a physical or mental impairment, the charity are able to offer a range of services to help support some of the most vulnerable children in the Yorkshire region.
Yorkshire Children's Trust liaise with parents, medical professionals, teachers and key workers to ensure the best possible outcomes with a range of support options.
You can help these children; With a one off or regular donation, we will pay for:
• Treatments such as counselling or therapies;
• Support Grants to help families cover the cost of expensive equipment that are not covered by the NHS or the local authority;
• Hospital Stay Grant for a child that may be an inpatient for weeks at a time, this covers the cost of extra expenses such as parking, travel costs;
• Breaks for affected families that include mum, dad, siblings and carers at our brand new holiday home at the Butlins Skegness resort;
• One-on-one counselling for not just the child, but parents and siblings and medical professions;
• Annual Hospital Visits offering children gifts at Christmas and Easter to break up the monotony of being in hospital for extended periods.
With your help, we will make the lives of local children better, and reduce the impact on the families that care for them. Remember, every donation, no matter how big or small will help support our work in the community.
Where does your donation go?
Did you know that 100% of your donation is used to support sick and vulnerable children in the region?
Your donation will be used 100% to make a real difference to children in your region.
We cover our core costs through recycling, so this means that when you make a donation by or use one of the fundraising platforms or you hold an event or challenge, every penny will go to help some of the most vulnerable families in our community.
every penny really helps
Text donation will cost £5 plus one standard text.
Donations can be cancelled at any time.